- Mechanical resistance: e.g. Perforation resistance
- Thermal resistance
- Good stretching
- Internal temperature stability
- Reflection of solar rays
- Filtration of ultraviolet rays
- Internal opacity to block out the sunlight
Grain bags are manufactured from polyethylene through a three or five-layer co-extrusion process, each layer with different and specific properties. These layers are melted, thus producing a single uniform film, inseparable and with great resistance. The polyethylene is 100% virgin resin, to ensure quality and consistency throughout the film. Additives such as titanium dioxide and UV stabilizers are added to the white (external) layer and a high concentration of carbon black is added to the black (internal) layer.
Advantages of storing in grain bags
- A very low cost per tonne of stored grain.
- It allows you to classify the stored grains regarding its quality and commercial identity (Quality Assurance Control).
- The capacity of the storage facilities is remarkably increased.
- It enables you to increase the operative capacity of harvesting.
- Easy sampling of grains stored by means of a conventional sampler.
- High-priced freights during harvest season can be avoided.
Landpoint offers a variety of brands from our global network ranging from 60m to 100m.